Monday, June 21, 2010

Dairy-Free Calcium: Top Foods and Alternative Health Supplements

If you are lactose intolerant or allergic to the hormones and antibiotics that are found in milk and most dairy products, you probably let your calcium levels slip on many days of the week. This is actually a pretty dangerous thing to do - you can go fro quite a long time with steadily declining calcium levels, and your body will simply break down the minerals in your bones to compensate … so you'll feel no ill effects until you shatter your pelvis or shoulder, or your teeth suddenly seem to collapse all at once. It's important to get plenty of calcium, both from alternative health products and nutritional supplements, and from your diet. Today we check out the top sources of dairy-free calcium!
Almonds
These are not only a good source of non-dairy calcium, but great all-round for your health. They are one of the richest available dietary sources of vitamin E, and are also a good source of protein, fiber and magnesium.
Blackstrap molasses
Okay, unlike almonds this rich source of calcium is not really good for your general health! Pop it in your baked goods, sweet sauces and marinades, but don't overdo your intake of these foods just to get your calcium intake up … you'll end up worse off health-wise.
Broccoli
Broccoli is an awesome antioxidant as well as being packed with calcium (well, as much calcium as a vegetable can handle, anyway!). It contains magnesium, potassium and vitamin C in very decent quantities too.
Calcium enriched rice milk or soy milk
There is some debate about whether the calcium that rice milk and soy milk is fortified with is usable in the body. You're looking for calcium phosphate on the label to be certain that it is in a usable form for your body.
Figs
This fruit is a great complement to lamb, pork and chicken dishes - once you get used to cooking with figs you'll quickly become addicted.
Spinach
Spinach is surprisingly easy to add to a lot of savory recipes - you can pack a heap of spinach into your bolognaise sauce or lasagne without even noticing it is there. Risotto is another excellent way to get lots of spinach into your diet without doing it Popeye-style!
Of course, these are much faster and provide a catch-all for the times when you just don't have time to bake, make stews or lasagnes.

2 comments:

  1. Tuning of hormones and metabolic activity will affect the appetite directly. I can feel hungry more than enough sleep, people tend to be sweet foods do not have.

    sexual supplement

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete